[vtkusers] C# ActiViz.NET 5.8.0 mapper issue

Michel Delanaye - Geonx michel.delanaye at geonx.com
Thu Feb 28 16:01:10 EST 2013

Dear vtk users,

I am using a vtkUnsignedCharArray to define the color of triangles belonging
to a VtkUnstructuredGrid (code snippet 1). Everything works well for
rendering and the mesh is correctly displayed. However, if I change the
color of some of the triangles after rendering, which can be done by
modifying the Tuple for the specific triangles in the colors array, the view
does not get updated and colors are not changed. I have tried many functions
of the mapper, but nothing seems to work except allocating a new mapper and
linking it to the VtkUnstructuredGrid object (see code snippet 2) . I think
this is a strange behavior.

If anyone faced a similar behavior, I would be interested to get in touch.

Best regards,

-Michel Delanaye

geonX SA

//Code snippet 1

            vtkUnsignedCharArray colors = vtkUnsignedCharArray.New();

            colors.Allocate(Model.VtkUNS.GetNumberOfCells(),1000);

            colors.SetNumberOfComponents(3);

            colors.SetName("Colors");

            Model.VtkUNS.GetCellData().SetScalars(colors);

            for (int j = 0; j < Model.VtkUNS.GetNumberOfCells(); j++)

            {

                colors.InsertNextTupleValue(p_default_color);

            }

            Marshal.FreeHGlobal(p_default_color);

            vtkDataSetMapper mapper = vtkDataSetMapper.New();

            _visualization_triangulation.SetMapper(mapper);

            mapper.ImmediateModeRenderingOn();

            mapper.SetInput(Model.VtkUNS);

            mapper.ImmediateModeRenderingOn();

            mapper.ScalarVisibilityOn();

. do rendering etc

// Code snippet 2

            vtkUnsignedCharArray colors = (vtkUnsignedCharArray)
Model.VtkUNS.GetCellData().GetArray("Colors", ref index);

            foreach (long i in f.VtkTriangleIdList)

            {

               colors.SetTupleValue((long)i, p_picking_color);

            }

.