[vtkusers] Fwd: configuration of VTK with Qt

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:53:29 EST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] configuration of VTK with Qt
To: Sidou_3D <draoua.ahmed at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Sidou_3D <draoua.ahmed at gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you very much
>
> and now after configuring Qt with Vtk in Cmake, I have a problem in
> generating projects in Visual Studio 2010 and i have this error :
>
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5718903/build.png>
>
> I have  Windows 64 bits but the Qt is 32 bits ,because I don't found Qt 64
> Bits on the Website for NOKIA.
>
> is that  could pose a problem when compiling ?

Yes. You have to compile Qt yourself using the same compiler and bit
depth that you will target your applications. The good thing is
compiling Qt is not that hard. Install Active State Perl. Then run the
configure script then nmake (and wait for an hour or so for it to
build).

John

--
John M. Drescher