[vtkusers] Smoothing vtkPolyData mesh using a kernel

Billy Okal okal.billy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:04:43 EST 2013

HI All,

I am trying to smooth a polygonal mesh using a specific kernel. So far I have looked ion most of the classes but there does not seem to be a way to do this or I just haven't seen it yet.

Basically, I have vtkPolyData mesh and I want to smooth it with a gaussian kernel of a given width. This should change the shape of the mesh.

Has someone done something of this nature before?

thanks and suggestions much appreciated.

bill