[vtkusers] How to dump images correctly in Python

Willi Huber surfersparadise85-vtk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 14:30:49 EST 2013

Hello all,

I am having serious space problems. With my program I constantly generate images and I thought the internal garbage collector of python takes care but it doesn't seem so whenever I give an image to an other filter.
Now I am trying to delete all the unnecessary images by my own. Is there a common way to do this? I am using ReleaseData(). Is there a way to see what references a certain object?

How is a image in vtk gernerated by a filter? Is it always a new image whenever I call GetOutput() or still the same all the time?

Best,
Willi