[vtkusers] Read a nastran mesh file in vtk and keep GRID and ELEMENT ID

Pascal Graignic pascal.graignic at utc.fr
Wed Feb 6 12:19:18 EST 2013

Hello all of you,

I have just started with vtk in python.
What I try to do is:
1- Read a Nastran file (OK)
   For that, I'm using the pyNastran library to extract nodes ID and coordinates and element ID, Type and the node connectivity
2- Visualize in VTK (Don't work)
   I'm wondering what methodology used to do that(A Temporary files in vtk/A XML vtk file/Read directly). What I want, is to keep the        grid ID  when I convert the nastran mesh in VTK format. In order to when visualize the mesh in a renderer windox, when I pick a node in the renderer window, display the grid ID information.

3- (Future development)Visualize an assembly of mesh, composed of several nastran file...
    Use Assembly in VTK or Composite Reader
Is anyone has an idea to do that?
Maybe someone already tried to do that, and is it in user's mail archive

Thank in advance for any reply

Best regards

Pascal