[vtkusers] vtkVolumeRayCastMapper shading

Emma Saunders emmasaunders123 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:19:22 EST 2013

Hi,

can someone offer generic advice,  I am using the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper
for rendering a labelled volume.  The resut is "edgy" and coarse when
shading is "on", not so when shading is "off".  I assume this is due to
interpolation caused by shading, I do however like the more realistic
sharp look when the shading is on but would like to improve the rendered
image quality.  What ways can I explore to get a good result.

For example Gouraud shading is available if I had a geometrical dataset but
this is not the case.  How can I increase the look of the shading
interpolation or do I have to play around with adding different lighting
conditions?

Thoughts appreciated

Kind regards

Emma