[vtkusers] OffScreen Rendering not fully working in linux and osx

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:08:43 EST 2013

Dear all,
              I've been using the attached example for many years now to
test Offscreen Rendering. It used to work like a charm in every platform. I
had 3 different states on this program.

1) Some time ago, it started opening a blank window in mac. After that it
also happened in Linux. In windows it still works properly.

2) I added the following code:

    // Graphics Factory
  vtkGraphicsFactory * graphics_factory
      = vtkGraphicsFactory::New();
  graphics_factory->SetOffScreenOnlyMode( 1);
  graphics_factory->SetUseMesaClasses( 1 );

  // Imaging Factory
  vtkImagingFactory * imaging_factory
      = vtkImagingFactory::New();
  imaging_factory->SetUseMesaClasses( 1 );

Which made it work on linux but not on mac.

3) Now even with that code osx/linux still open the blank widonw, and in
Windows works properly.

I tested it with many different vtk configurations, I don't know what I'm
doing wrong. At the moment I'm testing it in VTK 6.0.0 under Linux.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks.