[vtkusers] volume render image quality shading

Frable zemitis.janis at inbox.lv
Tue Feb 5 03:42:35 EST 2013

Hi,

for label images you should set your vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction to
SetCompositeMethodToClassifyFirst() if you haven't already.
However I am not sure if linear interpolation will work with label volumes.
Might be that you will have to resort back to "nearest" interpolation. To
make it look less "edgy" you could try upping the Multisample rate for
antialasing in the vtkRenderWindow class and play around with sample
distance in volumemapper for more precise sampling.

Best Regards,
Frable

Quoting Emma Saunders <>:

    Hi thanks for the reply, when I try that however the render has lots of
colours mixed up but its simply a labelled segmented volume, any ideas ?