[vtkusers] cmake problems gdcm with vtk6

Lars Matthäus lars.matthaeus at web.de
Mon Feb 4 11:17:59 EST 2013

Dear all,

Nobody on the gdcm mailing list had any idea, so maybe some of the VTK
folks can help to solve this, as this seems to be related to the vtk
changes 5.10 -> 6.0:

When I try to configure gdcm with vtk option (GDCM_USE_VTK), I get a
cmake error when I try to "link/build/cmake" against a vtk 6.0
configuration:

CMake Error at Utilities/VTK/CMakeLists.txt:111 (VTK_MAKE_INSTANTIATOR3):
  Unknown CMake command "VTK_MAKE_INSTANTIATOR3".

Before cmake'ing gdcm, I had successfully configured and release-build
vtk (shared libs ON, java wrapping ON).

All is fine when I try to "cmake" against a vtk 5.10 version (same
settings).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lars