[vtkusers] Create "cuberille" kind of vtkPolyData from vtkImageData

joopeter joo.peter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:55:08 EST 2013

Bill, the example does exactly what I need, thank you again.

Also I debugged the code behind vtkGeometryFilter and I now how it works.
(line 790, case VTK_VOXEL)

Also i tried the example to load 512^3 ushort volume and it consumed too
much memory (~900mb) and it crashed telling that further memory allocation
is not possible.

A sphere at resolution of 512^3 needs around 6*512*512=1.572.864
quadrilateral so I think better algorithms exists out there.

Bill, do you think that this can be done in VTK without writing a new filter
for it?

If so I have to write my own VTK filter based on the aboves and these:
http://www.volumesoffun.com/polyvox/documentation/0.2.1/api/class_poly_vox_1_1_cubic_surface_extractor.html
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/740