[vtkusers] Create "cuberille" kind of vtkPolyData from vtkImageData

joopeter joo.peter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:02:03 EST 2013

I am wondering what is the most straightforward way to create that kind of
mesh in VTK.

You can check what is it here:
http://www2.imm.dtu.dk/~janba/gallery/polygonization.html
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5718248/cuberille-candypig.png>

Obviously internal faces need to be avoided in the final mesh, that's why
vtkImageDataGeometryFilter is not OK I guess.

I think the most complex part of this to *correctly set up the mesh
topology* (which vertexes are connected to which other)  and to *correctly
set up cell ordering*.

I understand that the final mesh is aliased compared to what Marching Cubes
produces but for me this 'cuberille' behaviour is a must for my project.

Any opinion and pseudocode are welcome!