[vtkusers] ActiViz.NET reports unhandled Exception while interacting window with Mouse

franko franko at mixzon.com
Wed Dec 11 13:24:46 EST 2013

I have the same problem.  I get the following exception:
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in
Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in
Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll
Additional information: error: could not get registered type -
mteIndex='4294967295' classNameKey=''

I am using ActiViz.NET 5.8.0 OpenSource Edition (x86) and Visual Studio 2012
and C++. It takes a while to reproduce the problem, but it appears to be
related to interacting with the mouse/keyboard. I created event handlers for
vtkInteractorStyle for LeftButtonPressEvt and KeyPressEvt. In the event
handlers I am trying to use vtkPropPicker to pick a vtk object.

If the event handler does not access any vtk objects, then the exception
doesn't occur. If the event handler invokes any methods that access vtk
objects (including methods that shouldn't change the object (e.g.
renderer->VisibleActorCount()), the exception eventually occurs.

Has anyone had any success with this problem?

Regards,
Frank O
MixZon, Inc.