[vtkusers] HighlightSelection example

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:01:10 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 6:04 PM, tony zhang <tonyzhang0985 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was playing the HighlightSelection example (available at
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Picking/HighlightSelection).
> After pressing "r" and using the HighlightInteractorStyle to do selection,
> seems always all vertexes (50 cells and 50 points) were selected and
> highlighted, no matter how I select an area. Is it the expected behavior or
> possible bug in the example or vtk? I am using vtk 6.1. Any hint or help
> will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tony

I can confirm the behavior you're seeing, and I agree that it is incorrect.
A quick fix:

Change

        vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry> extractPolyDataGeometry
=
          vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry>::New();

        vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractGeometry> extractPolyDataGeometry =
          vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractGeometry>::New();

and

#include <vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry.h>

#include <vtkExtractGeometry.h>

and it works as you'd expect. This seems to point to a bug in
vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry, as I believe their calls are supposed to be the
same. I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to dig into it.

David