[vtkusers] 1D Approximating spline in VTK

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 22:34:40 EST 2013

Hi Mengda,

How are you setting the "t" values when you add points to the spline?
I you set the "t" values to incrementing integer values like 0, 1, 2,
etc. when you are trying to create a curve with the spline, the
resulting curve will look bad.  Instead, the t values should be set
to a distance value rather than an integer.

Those two spline classes are the only splines that VTK has, except
for special-purpose implementations like B-splines for images or
thin-plate-splines for transforms.  There are no classes for e.g.
Bezier splines.

  David