[vtkusers] Bug in slice and clip for mesh containing VTK_POLYHEDRON cells

Rob Harris robertevanharris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 12:49:22 EST 2013

All,

I have been dealing with grids that contain some general polyhedral cells
and I find that both the slice and clip filters seem to be prone to causing
core dumps in Paraview for such grids. I created a reduced dataset to
reproduce the problem which can be downloaded here (~30MB).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV6xvriOEipNXZJR1ZVcXNGbWc/edit?usp=sharing

with a Z-normal will cause a core dump. This happens whether triangulated
or not. Also, strangely, the crinkle slice does seem to work fine for this
case. Another strange thing which may or may not be related to this is that
a Y-normal slice at the default location clearly shows numerous small voids
where there should in fact be cells. Somehow the slice is failing to work
properly here. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks