[vtkusers] Is there a way to tell if a video card supports depth peeling?

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 15:23:13 EST 2013

Hi Doug,

> The depthPeelingWasUsed always returns false (0).  From the
> documentation, it says that, for depth peeling, you really need OpenGL
> > 1.3.  I'm using the amd radeon 7900.
Nice card, that should support depth peeling without issue. However
historically depth peeling has been disabled for ATI cards. We recently
revisited the issue and were able to get dpeth peeling to work on ATI
Radeon HD cards. This change is in VTK 6.1, so you'll have to upgrade
and if you're already at 6.1 then it's a bug.

Burlen