[vtkusers] mesh generation for point cloud data

yoshiyuki yamamoto y_yamamoto at aitech.ac.jp
Wed Aug 28 21:11:15 EDT 2013

Hello,

Surface mesh can be generated using PCL.

http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/greedy_projection.php

This can be saved into a VTK file.

Regards

2013/8/28 R R <rrane at rocketmail.com>

> Hello every one,
>
> I have a point cloud data, representing a 3D face. I'm wondering if there
> is any way that I could generate a surface mesh out of this point cloud. I
> mean I have a bunch of points in 3D space and want to have a surface mesh
> for them by triangulation. Could you please let me know if it is possible
> to do something like that in VTK?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Rane

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

愛知工業大学工学部都市環境学科土木工学専攻
山本義幸
〒470-0392 愛知県豊田市八草町八千草1247
TEL:(0565)48-8121(代表)、FAX:(0565)48-0030(代表)
HP: http://www.ait.ac.jp/index.html
Mail: y_yamamoto at aitech.ac.jp
School of Civil Engineering, Department of Urban Environment,
Faculty of Engineering,
Aichi Institute of Technology.
Yoshiyuki Yamamoto
1247 Yachikusa, Yakusa Cho, Toyota, Aichi 470-0392 JAPAN
TEL:+81-565-48-8121 FAX:+81-565-48-0030
HP: http://www.ait.ac.jp/index.html
Mail: y_yamamoto at aitech.ac.jp