[vtkusers] How to install vtk5.10.1 on windows 8 please???

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 27 11:36:48 EDT 2013

Nobody will be able to help you if you say "without result".  What does that
mean?  You have to give specific information - what you did, what error messages
you received etc.  It is very important to look at the messages from cmake, this
is a very well-designed tool and it provides a lot of guidance.  If it fails to
find some component, you first need to determine if you actually require this
component, and if not, look for the cmake config option to turn it off.  Check
the "Advanced" button at the top right of the cmake gui window to see the detail.

Gib

On 28/08/2013 3:12 a.m., andré kpozehoue wrote:

> Me, I use mingw as compiler, and i try to install vtk with QT4.8.4 and
> QT5.0.0, or QT5.1.0 without result, do you think that it's because of my qt
> version?
>
> You search also the mail adress  <vtkusers at vtk.org> maybe ?
>
> Thank
> André KPOZEHOUE,
> Development Engineer
> Embedded Software & Image 3D Processing
> C/C++, QT, OpenCV, VTK, ITK, Linux, Matlab
>
> 11 Rue Georges Teissier, 42000 Saint-Etienne
> Mobile : +33 (0)6 34 95 30 57
> Fixe    : +33 (0)9 53 11 29 77 (Personnel)
> Fax    : +33 (0)9 58 11 29 77  (ne pas utilisé pour le moment)
> mail  : kpoand at yahoo.fr
>
> http://andre.kpozehoue.free.fr/mon%20site%20web/
>
> <http://andre.kpozehoue.free.fr/mon%20site%20web/>

> *De :* Greg Hanowski <greg at tekknow.net>
> *À :* vtkusers at vtk.org
> *Envoyé le :* Mardi 27 août 2013 16h56
> *Objet :* Re: [vtkusers] How to install vtk5.10.1 on windows 8 please???
>
> [You are requesting VTK to build with GUI support for Qt. What version of Qt
> do you have installed?]
> Thanks Gib,
> I don't even know what Qt is.  I see the check mark for that now.  I missed it
> first pass.  I unchecked that and also unchecked VTK_WRAP_PYTHON (the next
> error).  Then it failed with:
> CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
> 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
> Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
> C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
> 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315
> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
> C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindDoxygen.cmake:85
> (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
> Utilities/Doxygen/CMakeLists.txt:4 (find_package)
> Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
> Ps.  How do you reply to the group without having to recreate an entire new
> email?  I don't see any links in the email that do it.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Dr. Gib Bogle
Senior Research Fellow
Auckland Bioengineering Institute