[vtkusers] collision detection with vtk?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri Aug 23 06:24:03 EDT 2013

Daniel,

The vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter will report *all* intersections
between two poly data. It sounds like you want to detect only whether
two polydata intersect. Please clarify if I am wrong.

You might look at the implementation of the
vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter and create a custom version of the
filter that keeps only the code up to the first detection of an
intersection. I don't know of anything in VTK that does this for you.

Cory

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 5:34 AM, -Daniel- <ich_daniel at habmalnefrage.de> wrote:
> I tried your hint with vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter.
> My using this filter:
> ..
> intersectionPolyDataFilter.SetInputData( 0, constantPolydata);
> intersectionPolyDataFilter.SetInputData( 1, movedPolydata);
> intersectionPolyDataFilter.Update();
>
> If I move the movedPolydata I must set the second InputData again.
> Therefor get the movedPolydata with this new position.
> ..
> intersectionPolyDataFilter.SetInputData( 1, movedPolydata);
> intersectionPolyDataFilter.Update();
>
> This is terrible slowly.
>
> How I get faster than before of the updated datas? Any ideas?
>

> --

Cory Quammen
Research Associate
Department of Computer Science