[vtkusers] VTK + Qt static or dynamic build

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 20:52:53 EDT 2013

In addition to Marcus's comments I would liker to add that

even under LGPL you could build QT statically ( you would have to agree to
provide obj files on request though ).
I am pretty sure google may provide you more information.

In practice this is pointless and people normally would not ask for it, but
somebody can,
so you would have to be ready to do it.

As for mixing static and dynamic libraries you have to make sure that all
of them use the same C runtime libraries.
You can build static library using dynamic CRTs and opposite.

Mixing different type of CRTs usually result in exceptions and undefined
behavior.

Regards,
   Alex