[vtkusers] cmake error when building vtk-6.0.0 on ubuntu 12.04

Francesc Verdugo francesc.verdugo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 12:24:08 EDT 2013

Dear vtk users,

I have encountered the following cmake error message when building VTK from
source:

 CMake Error at Rendering/OpenGL/CMakeLists.txt:303 (message):
   X11_Xt_LIB could not be found.  Required for VTK X lib.

I am trying to build VTK version 6.0.0 on ubuntu 12.04. My graphic card is
an nvidia with proprietary drivers. I have set the CC and CXX variables to
CC=/usr/bin/gcc and CXX=/usr/bin/g++

I have googled a bit and have not found any solution for this error. Do you
can help me to fix the problem?

Regards,
Francesc