[vtkusers] vtkAVIWriter with H264

matonur matonur at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:23:10 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I searched on the web but could not find a way to use H264 codec with
vtkAVIWriter. I set the fourcc to h264 as follow:

writer->SetCompressorFourCC("h264");

When I run the application it gives the error:

"ERROR: In ..\..\src\IO\vtkAVIWriter.cxx, line 172
vtkAVIWriter (07513D28): Unable to compress filename.avi"

I need to use h264 since the size of the video is really large. Does anyone
has a solution how to use vtkAVIWriter with different codecs?