[vtkusers] VTK6 and Java Cone Example 5

Ric Wright rkwright at geofx.com
Tue Aug 13 13:59:36 EDT 2013

An update on this.  I ported over some of my other Eclipse work and adapted
it to VTK.  It is pushed to my account on github and there is a writeup
here:  http://rkwright.github.io/geofx-pages/vtkview.html.  There are 3
articles in there.  The latest rev of the code is here:
https://github.com/rkwright/vtkscene in the develop branch.

Mostly, it works great.  However, when I tried the fifth cone example, which
has the problematic vtkRenderWindowInteractor, I ran into similar problems
as before.  I instantiated it with a valid vtkPanel.RenderWindow but it
still goes off into the ozone, sometimes crashing the native vtkOpenGL
dylib.

I'm going to skip the interactor for now and move on to see if I run into
more problems. If not, I can probably live without that widget but the
problems there might be symptomatic of deeper problems on OSX 64 bit
systems.

Any further suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Ric