[vtkusers] Change properties of axis titles for a vtkCubeAxesRepresentation

Sébastien PULVERAIL skeleton18 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:11:54 EDT 2013

Ok, thank you for your help.. But I didn't express correctly..

The people I work for make their own software based on the Paraview's
plugins.. They use vtkCubeAxesRepresentation and vtkCubeAxisActor to make
their cube axes.

They have a little bug when updating the color of the axis title: they can
correctly instantiate a new cube axes (as in the example you gave me), but
when they want to change the color of an axis directly from the GUI: the
axis itself, the labels change color, but not the title.

So, it is not during the initialization that I have a problem, but when I
want to change the color inside the GUI.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Seb

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just changed this example to illustrate how to set axis properties:
> http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/CubeAxesActor
>
> NOTE: the tarball will not be updated until tonight but you can still
> cut/paste the code from the wiki page.
>
> Bill
>

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Sébastien PULVERAIL <skeleton18 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Yes, Sorry.. I don't copy-paste my code because it's confidential, and I
>> forgot to put the index for the GetTitleTextProperty function.
>>
>> Can you provide me the code to show how you test it please? By this way,
>> I will be able to compare with my own code.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Seb
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> GetTitleTextProperty requires an argument specifying an axis.
>>> The code you provided does not compile.
>>> Try
>>> this->CubeAxesActor->GetTitleTextProperty(0)->SetColor(1.0, 0.0, 0.0);
>>> this->CubeAxesActor->GetTitleTextProperty(0)->GetColor(); // Print 1.0
>>> 0.0 0.0
>>> this->CubeAxesActor->GetTitleTextProperty(0)->SetFontFamily(VTK_ARIAL);
>>> this->CubeAxesActor->GetTitleTextProperty(0)->GetFontFamily(); // Print