[vtkusers] New: Recipe for building VTK-5.8.0 with C++ Builder XE (bcc32 6.31)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 11:57:18 EDT 2013

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 05:48:12 -0800 (PST), Oliver Weinheimer
<mail at oliwe.com> wrote:

I found this old thread by luck and I hope that some of you are still
"alive" and can answer a few questions about compiling VTK 5.0.2, VTK
5.8.x and VTK 5.10.1 in C++Builder XE4 (and possibly C++Builder 2007)

I am having trouble always getting errors during the build phase. I
need the render component in order to maintain a program written by
someone else using BDS2006 and it seems like the binaries must be
rebuilt from VTK sources for any newer version of the development
IDE....

Right now I have a couple of active threads here dsecribing my
problems, so I would be grateful if you could have a look at them and
tell me what to do.
My 5.10.1 problem is that tlib gets a too long argument when called,
the file list is more than 10 kbytes long...
On the other versions I get other errors...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden