[vtkusers] VTK6 and Java Cone Example 5

Marco Sambin m.sambin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 17:56:34 EDT 2013

Hi Ric,

I would just like to encourage you in your efforts of using VTK with Java.

We are using VTK in a Java-based medical software of ours, to make some 3D
reconstructions, and after some initial difficulties mainly caused by
incomplete/missing/outdated documentation, we have been able to obtain
satisfactory results, even thanks to the help received through this mailing
list.

We are still experimenting with compatibility with different OS (for
instance, VTK 6's rendering from Java seems to have issues with Java 7 on
Mac, due to some changes introduced in the JAWT interface starting from
Java 7, and not supported by VTK 6). We will have more information about
this as our tests on different OS's will proceed.

We did not experiment much with VTK samples, so I am unable to help you on
this specific topic.

Regards,

Marco