[vtkusers] VTK in a multi-threaded application ??

Abhishek Gupta abhishek at meddiff.com
Tue Aug 6 08:43:17 EDT 2013

Hello Sebastien,

I am using above said classes for generating contour lines at 10 different
level from RT-Dose data for 100+ CT-Images during initial loading.

Doing them sequentially takes a bit of time. So, I thought of
multi-threading that piece of code to generate contours for all the 10
levels together.

I did implement it and got error with vtkFiltering.dll

Can you suggest which part of my code should i concentrate on, if I have to
multi-thread it?? I can share my code, if you wish to have a look at it?

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Sebastien Jourdain <
sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Abhishek,
>
> you can use all VTK in a threaded environment but VTK is NOT thread safe
> therefore you need to understand what you are doing and if concurrency
> arise and on what.
>
> So the answer is YES and NO, because it highly depends on what you are
> doing...
>
> Seb
>

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:44 AM, abhishek <abhishek at meddiff.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Users,
>>
>> How can I use the following vtk classes in a multi-threaded application ??
>>
>> Classes that i want to use:
>> 1. vtkImageData
>> 2. vtkContourFilter
>> 3. vtkStripper