[vtkusers] Can VTK be used with Codegear XE4 compilers???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 05:04:06 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 14:26:57 -0600, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Made a test by downloading the latest CMake (2.8.11.2) and used it
>> instead.
>> Same result, error on compiler check....
>
>Following up on my suspicion that the "-L" option is the problem,
>there are a couple simple experiments that you can do.
>
>First, try compiling a simple "hello world" program with
>-LC:\Programs\Embarcadero\RADStudio\11.0\lib as an option to the
>compiler to see if bcc complains about the -L option.  If it does,
>then try compiling with a space after the -L to see if bcc requires a
>space after options.

Don't know how to do this.... :-(

So I proiceeded to the next step:

>If bcc works after you add a space after the -L, then the next step is
>to modify your copy of cmake.  Compilation with bcc is controlled by
>the following file within your cmake distrubution:
>
>Modules/Platform/Windows-Embarcadero.cmake

Took some searching because it is located deeper in the
installation...
This is where it is actually found:

C:\Programs\CMake\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\Platform

>Inside that file, you can fine this line:
>
>SET(CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH_FLAG "-L")
>
>and change it to this (i.e. add the space)
>
>SET(CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH_FLAG "-L ")
>
>If that allows you to build VTK, then you can share the fix with the
>CMake developers.

I did this but it makes no difference whatsoever, exactly the same
error message.
And the step that fails is the linking, compile seems to work fine.

HOW TO CHECK THE CMake COMMANDS?
It would be good to be able to view the commands that are actually
sent to the compiler and linker i.e. to review the makefile after the
failure. But CMake has a bad habit of erasing all traces of the
makefile it used or the commands it sent.
Is there some way to tell CMake to stop doing this??

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden