[vtkusers] Can VTK be used with Codegear XE4 compilers???

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 16:26:57 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Made a test by downloading the latest CMake (2.8.11.2) and used it
> instead.
> Same result, error on compiler check....

Following up on my suspicion that the "-L" option is the problem,
there are a couple simple experiments that you can do.

First, try compiling a simple "hello world" program with
-LC:\Programs\Embarcadero\RADStudio\11.0\lib as an option to the
compiler to see if bcc complains about the -L option.  If it does,
then try compiling with a space after the -L to see if bcc requires a
space after options.

If bcc works after you add a space after the -L, then the next step is
to modify your copy of cmake.  Compilation with bcc is controlled by
the following file within your cmake distrubution:

Modules/Platform/Windows-Embarcadero.cmake

Inside that file, you can fine this line:

SET(CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH_FLAG "-L")

and change it to this (i.e. add the space)

SET(CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH_FLAG "-L ")

If that allows you to build VTK, then you can share the fix with the
CMake developers.

 - David