[vtkusers] Basic question about widgets

Mike Gagnon mike at gagnon.com
Fri Aug 2 15:43:14 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm learning about widgets and tried to create a vtkSliderWidget.  I
have an existing renderer and interactor with actors already in my scene
etc.

I have the following code:
m_pSliderRep->GetPoint1Coordinate()->SetCoordinateSystemToDisplay();
     m_pSliderRep->GetPoint1Coordinate()->SetValue(100,50,0);
m_pSliderRep->GetPoint2Coordinate()->SetCoordinateSystemToDisplay();
     m_pSliderRep->GetPoint2Coordinate()->SetValue(400,50,0);

I want the slider to stay at the bottom left, but when I left click with
the mouse, my existing actor rotates as before, but so does the slider -
and then it snaps back into place at the bottom left but the text is
backwards on the slider (or rotated even).  Can anyone tell me what I'm
missing?

Thanks,
Mike