[vtkusers] vtkThreadedController

Laurence Griffiths lgriffiths.aero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 12:32:12 EDT 2013

Cheers for the quick reply Berk,

Actually I think i can achieve the same with pythons Queue and threading
modules. So no big problem.

I have a pipline which does something like:
1. Read unstructured grid
2. take a some slices
3. Do some processing on the slices
4. render. (offscrean, OSMesa)
5. save image to file

rendering on osmesa is slow, so I wanted to gain a small speed on the
rendering stage by rendering & saving multiple slices at once.

The threading would be more of a quick fix before ive implemented something
with mpi

Cheers,
Laurence.