[vtkusers] vtkThreadedController

Laurence Griffiths lgriffiths.aero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 09:58:59 EDT 2013

Does anybody know what happened to vtkThreadedController. I cannot find it
anywhere in vtk6.0.0.

An example seems to hint that its possible to get a vtkThreadedController
by using vtkMultiProcessController without MPI:
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Examples/ParallelProcessing/Generic/Cxx/TaskParallelismWithPorts.cxx

however vtkMultiProcessControler is an abstract class, so i am unable to
use it as shown in the exmaple.

Another example suggests the same using vtkMPIController without MPI to get
a threaded controller:
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Examples/ParallelProcessing/Generic/Cxx/TaskParallelism.cxx

However for me this doesnt seem to work, I get mpi errors if i try to
inialise the MPIController without MPI.

Doesnt anyone have any hints on how to make a threadedcontroller work in
vtk6.0.0

Cheers,
Laurence.