[vtkusers] Error: Symbol is not defined.

Laura Balbastre laura.balbastre.soler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 04:58:44 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm developing an application in Java and using VTK. I attach you the class
that is causing the problem, it extends vtkCanvas. When calling:

Chart2DCanvas.this.Render()

in function setValues, who calls the function Render() of the class
vtkPanel. When arriving to the highlighted line it appears an error in the
eclipse's console that says: "Symbol is not defined:" several times.

    public synchronized void Render() {
        if (!rendering) {
            rendering = true;
            if (ren.VisibleActorCount() == 0) {
                rendering = false;
                return;
            }
            if (rw != null) {
                if (windowset == 0) {
                    // set the window id and the active camera
                    cam = ren.GetActiveCamera();
                    if (lightingset == 0) {
                        ren.AddLight(lgt);
                        lgt.SetPosition(cam.GetPosition());
                        lgt.SetFocalPoint(cam.GetFocalPoint());
                        lightingset = 1;
                    }
                    RenderCreate(rw);
                    Lock();
                    rw.SetSize(getWidth(), getHeight());
                    UnLock();
                    windowset = 1;
                    this.setSize(getWidth(), getHeight());
                }
                Lock();
                rw.Render();
                UnLock();
                rendering = false;
            }
        }
    }

I have no idea what can be causing this issue. Any help will be great.

Thanks in advance,

--
Laura Balbastre