[vtkusers] extract real curvature data from vertices of an edge

Billy Okal okal.billy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 19:26:12 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to get the curvature information at the vertices of an edge. I have the following setup

// extract edges from the resulting curvature data
edge_extractor_->SetInput(curvatures_);
edge_extractor_->Update();

// traverse all the edges to look for zero crossings
for(vtkIdType i = 0; i < edge_extractor_->GetOutput()->GetNumberOfCells(); i++)
{
vtkSmartPointer<vtkLine> edge_line = vtkLine::SafeDownCast(edge_extractor_->GetOutput()->GetCell(i));

//todo, get the curvature and the vertices of this edge
}

Where curvatures_ is PolyData that is the result of running gaussian curvature computation and edge_extractor is the simple ExtractEdge filter

How can I get the vertices of the edge I just got as a line? and how can I then lookup the curvature values at these vertices as I need to compare these.

Thanks

Bill