[vtkusers] Activiz 5.8 with VS2010

zkhan zamir.khan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 09:32:18 EDT 2013

I'm trying to use Activiz 5.8 (binaries downloaded from Kitware) with VS2010
and am having problems getting started.

I have followed the usual instructions to include the correct references
(Kitware.VTK.dll and Kitware.mummy.runtime.dll) and get RenderWindowControl
to show up on the Toolbox. However, in VS2010 on an x86 solution (I know
there are issues with the designer and x64 components) in the designer for a
form, when I try to drag the RenderWindowControl onto the form, I get the
following error message:

"Failed to create component 'RenderWindowControl'. The error message
follows: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'Kitware.mummy.Runtime, Version=1.0.2.599 ...." or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified. File name:
'Kitware.mummy.Runtime, ..."

Now the DLL in question is in the installation directory, in the project
directory and in the output folder of the project.

This problem does not occur in VS2008. I've read that people have used
Activiz successfully with VS2010 - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!