[vtkusers] Create surface from multiple contours

Jean-Paul Aben jeanpaul.aben at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:38:27 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I have multiple contours, where the points are 3D coordinates (floating).
Each 3D contour is within one plane. The last contour exist of one 3D
point. The contours represent a kind of a half cone.

I want to genarte one surface of them. I tried to use solve it with the
vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter. However, its difficult to have different
z-distance between the contours. Furthmore, the surface looks strange when
at the location closing the "cone".

I assume there would be a better way, directly in scalar. Using the
vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter makes first a 3D voxel volume and then
extracts the surface.

I hope someone could help me with this. A simple C++ exmple code would be
very helpfull, since i just started to use vtk.

Kind regards,
Jean-Paul