[vtkusers] getting the wrong java version in vtk.jar

Ilan ilan.tal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 01:57:03 EDT 2013

I've got 2 Ubuntu machines, one 32 bit and one 64 bit. The 32 bit works fine
and now I'm compiling for 64 bit.
I need to compile for JDK 6 but on both machines I have JDK 6 and JDK 7
installed.
On both machine java -version will return 1.7.0_15 however I want ccmake to
use JDK 6.
On the 32 bit machine I indeed get a vtk.jar with 1.6 but on the 64 bit
machine I get 1.7.

On JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH, JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH (etc) this is defined:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/include

which to me seems like it is saying "use JDK 6", not JDK 7.
Similar paths on the 32 bit machine indeed get me to a java 6 vtk.jar.

What am I missing???
Thanks,
Ilan