[vtkusers] Uneven colors after the vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter

Divya divya at triassicsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 07:32:29 EDT 2013

Dear All,

These are the various results that i get after adding color to a
cylinder polydata and passing it through the subdivision filters. I am
adding colors to each of the points of a cylinder polydata using
'/colors.InsertTuple3/' function where /colors /is an
/vtkUnsignedCharArray/. But once I pass it through these subdivision
filters, the vtkLinearSubdivisionFilter and vtkLoopSubdivisionFilter
shows an even color pattern but vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter displays
an unexpected pattern with colors that were not specified(I'm adding
only red, yellow and blue- but vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter shows
/green/!!). How can this be? Is there something that I am missing.
Please help!

I need to use the vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter - as it gives more
accurate shape to my actual point set.

Thanks in advance.
*DIVYA*