[vtkusers] Directions on building VTK for redistribution.

Miller, Jason M jason.miller at inl.gov
Thu Apr 18 14:18:11 EDT 2013

Hello all,

My apologies if this has been discussed before, I have tried several steps
before bugging everyone here on this list:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install#Download_And_Install_CMake

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ParaView_SuperBuild

Searching on this mailing list returns a lot of Windows specific
redistributable help...

Again... more apologies are needed, as I understand those links are
Paraview not VTK specific. My ultimate goal is to create a redistributable
package in which we use the VTK framework (and VTK's dependencies) on
Macintosh machines (Lion and Mt Lion). Though, even instructions for Snow
Leopard would be very much appreciated... as I will do the heavy lifting
from those instructions to make them work on Lion...

Is there a wiki, or set of instructions for how the Paraview
redistributable was built? The above seems to be a starting place... but
they do not (to me, so hopefully I am just blind here) seem to be complete.

Thanks all!
Jason Miller