[vtkusers] VTK 6.0 static New() function returns NULL

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Apr 18 11:27:31 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Sebastien Calvi
<sebastien.calvi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've downloaded and compile the release 6.0, have done a couple of
> modifications to have my code compliant with this new release but the New()
> functions to create objects returns NULL, always...
>
> What's wrong? Am I missing something?
> Is there a new way to create vtk object?

I am guessing you are talking about some of the rendering classes,
there is a guide (linked to from the VTK 6 section of the VTK wiki),

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration

This shows how to find and link to VTK 6, along with some discussion
of the implementation modules.

Hope that helps,

Marcus