[vtkusers] MIP Projection on a 3D Plane

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 09:03:42 EDT 2013

Hi Jon, I wan to modify Medical1 example, so I still have the skin
contour in the center of the screen and have an MIP projection of the
volume in a 2D plane to the right of the contour, so you can see both
things at the same time. I want the projection to update itself if I
change the zoom,  view angle or contrast. It would be similar as the
software 3dSlicer, where you have a volume in one window and the
projection in another. I don't know if this is one mapper and two
actors, of they just share the data source and the mouse interaction
is deliberately done in both windows. Thanks

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Jon Haitz Legarreta
<jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org> wrote:
> Dear Jose Ignacio,
> if I understand well, you mean having a volume render of the heart and
> showing an arbitrary 2D plane together, in the same scene. This is
> definitely possible.
>
> You must just have all the necessary input data (your volume and have your
> 2D cut computed) and then add the necessary actors to the scene.
>
> If you need more precise answers or directions, you may want to give further
> details.
>
> HTH,
> JON HAITZ
>

> On 12 April 2013 15:13, Jose Ignacio Prieto <joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, is this too complicated? Has somebody done anything similar?
>> Gracias!
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Jose Ignacio Prieto
>> <joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > I am starting with VTK, ran some examples and now I am trying to
>> > display a volume (like an isosurface of a heart) and next to it, a
>> > plane (let's say in an angle of 45 degree to the camera) where you
>> > could get the MIP projection of the heart. So when you rotate the
>> > isosurface, then the MIP would change as well and it would be "easier"
>> > to visualize what are you looking at. I think it is like the shadows
>> > example (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/Shadows)
>> > , but instead of a light it would be a projector of "xrays" to a
>> > screen. Is it possible to build it?
>> > Thanks!
>> > Jose
>> >
>> > --