[vtkusers] PolyData to Image: extrusion problem ?

vlibertiaux vlibertiaux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 18:06:17 EDT 2013

Hi VTK community !

I am trying to create a binary image (png) that will be used as a mask
starting from a list of points that define the edge of the mask contour.

I tried to modify the example given on this page:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/PolyDataContourToImageData

and then changed the way the polydata is produced and saved the final image
as a png.  I generated one circle by computing the points coordinates and
added the outer normals.

I then generates the extruded PD the same way than in the original code and
they look pretty similar (files attached).  However, the resulting png file
is all black, no circle shown.

Any help appreciated !

Thank you very much,

extruded_original.vtp