[vtkusers] TIN to regular mesh

Marc Huber marchuber.hft at gmx.de
Fri Apr 12 07:08:45 EDT 2013

This is exactly what I want thanks!

It just doesnt take my scalar values to build regions

i have scalar values like e.g.
3548
3548
3549
3549
3549
3549
3549
3549
3550
3550

for each value I want to create regions if there is a connection
my problem is, that I just get 1 big region, but depending on my values
i should get about 100 regions

My Code:

polydata->GetCellData()->SetScalars(arr);   //arr contains my scalars
for each cell (Type: vtkFloatArray)
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter> regionFilter =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter>::New();
regionFilter->SetInputConnection(polydata->GetProducerPort());
         regionFilter->ScalarConnectivityOn();
         regionFilter->SetFullScalarConnectivity(1);
         regionFilter->SetScalarRange(1,9090);
         regionFilter->SetExtractionModeToAllRegions();
         regionFilter->SetColorRegions(1);
         regionFilter->Update();
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataMapper> conMapper =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataMapper>::New();
conMapper->SetInputConnection(regionFilter->GetOutputPort());
         conMapper->Update();
stlActor->SetMapper(conMapper);

RenderData(stlActor); //my function for rendering