[vtkusers] Cropping out a portion of an image

Hayden Smith s_hayden_28 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 17:11:18 EDT 2013

Dear vtkusers,
      Thank you very much for the reply. I have attached the image for your kind perusal.The arrow shows the indented portion which I need to extract from the image. As there should be a sharp deviation in gradient at the indented portion, I am thinking whether it is possible to extract that portion  and whether it is possible to do with VTK.
     Please provide me some suggestions.

Thanks,
Hayden.