[vtkusers] VTK 6 porting

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Apr 8 14:10:12 EDT 2013

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:22:55 +0000, David Cole said:

>They are set in the VTK build... but they also need to be set in your
>client code that includes the headers and links to the VTK build. Your
>code needs to be compiled with the same settings that VTK was compiled
>with so the conditional compilations have the same conditions.
>
>If you use CMake to drive your build, you get it for free.
>
>If you don’t, you have to do extra work to make things work right now.
>
>An unfortunate, but true, fact about how modular VTK works now.

Weird.  But just to follow up on-list, adding:

#define vtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT 4(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingFreeType,vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL,vtkRenderingOpenGL)
#define vtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT 1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL)

magically makes things work.  I've updated VTK's SimpleCocoaVTK Xcode project to use this, so that it actually works again:

<http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/2557/>

Thanks David!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com