[vtkusers] how to implement selection of cells along a line (like autocad's fence)

Andreas Buykx A.Buykx at tnodiana.com
Fri Apr 5 14:07:22 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to extract cells from an unstructured grid by a polyline selection, similar to what vtkImplicitSelectionLoop does for a closed polygon. Is this something that can be implemented efficiently with algorithms from VTK or should I write a custom algorithm?

Thanks,
Andreas Buykx
Senior Software Engineer

TNO DIANA BV
Software Developers and Analysis Consultants for Civil and Geotechnical Engineering

Delftechpark 19a, 2628 XJ, Delft, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 88 34262 15 (Direct) │ Tel: +31 88 34262 00 (Switchboard) │ +31 88 34262 99 (Fax)
http://tnodiana.com<http://tnodiana.com/>

...be green keep it on screen

TNO DIANA BV is a limited liability company registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce as TNO DIANA BV with registered number 27252655.