[vtkusers] Help with VtkDatasetsurface filter

Bhanu Hariharan bhanu at petrotel.com
Thu Apr 4 11:49:00 EDT 2013

Cory,
Actually my question is just the opposite. I am getting identical images
not different. I expected different images with and without the surface
filter.

The images are same and performances are same indicating that both
vtkDataSetMapper and vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter are behaving identical as you
first pointed out.

I am using vtkLODActor and the default is the middle level of detail. I
havent done anything to change LOD.

I get identical images - purple surfaces in between indicating that
internal surfaces are infact getting rendered "for transparent grid".
Maybe for opaque grid, they both render just surfaces but for transparent
they are rendering internal surfaces somehow.

Still need to dig some more looks like.

Thanks,
Bhanu