[vtkusers] Volume Rendering - Using different scalars for opacity and color transfer function

paule paul.klemm at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 05:11:33 EDT 2012

Hi Taha,

maybe I'll overlooked something, but it is not possible to use
vtkVolumeRayCastFunction in the way you suggested, because it is an abstract
class.

This produces the error
rayCastFunction = vtkVolumeRayCastFunction()
TypeError: this is an abstract class and cannot be instantiated

Also I'm not sure on how a different composite function would use different
scalars for the coloring of the volume.

Thanks,
Paul