[vtkusers] vtkContourFilter precision with vtkPlane

Henning Meyer tutmann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 04:11:20 EDT 2012

Hi All,

encountered a strange behaviour of vtkContourFilter. Basically the
quality of the generated mesh dramatically changes, when the scale of
the model is changed (with adapted dims and bounds of the
vtkSampleFunction).
For me, this only happens in combinations of vtkPlane or vtkBox with
vtkImplicitBoolean.

I modified this example a bit:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/ImplicitFunctions/ImplicitSphere

Please have a look a the attached sources - I'm thankful for any hint.

Henning