[vtkusers] Clipping objects

Yunier López Martinez ylopez at estudiantes.uci.cu
Wed Sep 19 16:53:41 EDT 2012

Hello , I'm trying to make a clipping to all objects that are in the scene with the same clip function ...

This is the code I have so far :

vtkPointSource *points = vtkPointSource::New();
points->SetNumberOfPoints(500);
vtkPolyDataMapper *pmapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
pmapper->SetInputConnection(points->GetOutputPort());

//vtkActor *pactor = vtkActor::New();
//pactor->SetMapper(pmapper);
//pactor->GetProperty()->SetColor(1,0,0);

vtkCubeSource *cube = vtkCubeSource::New();
vtkPolyDataMapper *cmapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
cmapper->SetInputConnection(cube->GetOutputPort());

//vtkActor *cactor = vtkActor::New();
//cactor->SetMapper(cmapper);
//cactor->GetProperty()->SetColor(1,1,0);

vtkPolyDataAlgorithm *all = vtkPolyDataAlgorithm::New();
all->AddInputConnection(points->GetOutputPort());
all->AddInputConnection(points1->GetOutputPort());

vtkPlane* plane = vtkPlane::New();
vtkClipPolyData *clip = vtkClipPolyData::New();
clip->SetClipFunction(plane);
clip->InsideOutOn();
clip->SetInputConnection(all->GetOutputPort());
vtkPolyDataMapper *mapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
mapper->SetInputConnection(clip->GetOutputPort());
vtkActor *actor = vtkActor::New();
actor->SetMapper(mapper);

//renderer->AddActor(pactor); This does work , but it shows the object without clipping ( logically )
//renderer->AddActor(cactor); ||
renderer->AddActor(actor); ----- nothing happens with this

I want to clarify that I can do the clipping to a single object successfully , even I can do multiple clipping to the same object

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci